The contemplation of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) within the investment and decision-making processes points to responsible investing. Investment into ESG has been rocketing since 2013; equally, The Market, have various agenda in achieving certain ESG goals around the world which has witnessed a large infusion of investment capital since 2020.
The industry has been coming into force with a significant impact during Covid-19 pandemic phase. Increased consumption of packaged food like prepared meals, daily necessities like diary, vegetable, meat, bakery, cereals, snacks etc. have been witnessed. As the consumption of food or any deliverables have increased consequently with waste out from those packages. Responsible product labelling and health impact of packaged food has been a rising concern as most packages are still made of plastics. Supply chain and ensuring sustainable packaging has also been a grave concern for this segment.
The companies which are covered are the leading providers of packaged food products have boomed during pandemic years along with the sales of e-commerce.
The environmental and social elements have been very critical for U.S. Packaged Food segment, starting with responsible product labeling and health impact of their product has been a consumer inquisitive topic as well as a key question to answer within ESG. While most of the companies in this market might not include level of adverse chemicals or toxic substances present within their products like MSG’s, gluten contents etc., there are certain products which still contain such harmful elements in trace which could potentially create a negative health impact.
Waste coming from these packages have been a concern as increase in the usage have led to innovative sustainable packaging or circular packaging principles. As preferences, lifestyle and awareness of consumers are simultaneously updated they are indeed choosing most viable option as per mentioned parameters. The companies in the Industry would require scrutinizing sustainability in their operations in terms of waste management, packaging, responsible marketing, and health impact of their products.
The main challenges ahead for packaged food industry is depending on customer preference and inquisition. Trend towards sustainable packaging and a circular economy have been vital factor, in addition to that biodegradable packaging has also been prevailing in the market, disseminating the fact that elimination of plastic throughout this segment. Attaining a plastic free packaging is beyond comprehension in near future but it is still achievable with combined effort or as a competitive edge among peers. Adverse effects of specific food product have not been addressed or labeled in most of food product or it is hardly noticeable from customer view. Adequate disclosure for both short term and long-term health impact of products must be visible to the public.
The U.S. packaged food market size has been valued at USD 1.03 trillion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2022 to 2030. The tight work and life schedules of consumers across the country and the rising preference for convenience have been driving the market over the years. Furthermore, the expansion of e-commerce in the U.S. boosts the sales of the products over the nation. In addition, increasing innovations in food packaging, plant-based products, bold flavors, and healthy ingredients have contributed to the growth of the U.S. over the coming years.
• The Coca-Cola Company
• Tyson Foods, Inc.
• Cargill Incorporated.
• Macro-economic and ESG-variable analysis of the industry, including regulatory, policy, and innovation landscape
• Key insights on infrastructure developments and ESG issues affecting the theme
• Identify key initiatives and challenges within the industry
• Identify ESG leaders within the industry
• Understand key initiatives and the impact of companies within the sector to fuel an informed decision-making process
• Analysis of industry activities based on multi-media sources, including significant controversies and market sentiment
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of macro-economic, Policies & Regulations and innovations affecting the U.S. Packaged Food space, globally
• Key insights into environmental developments and ESG issues affecting the theme
• Identifying ESG risks and opportunities to business among leading players in the US Packaged Food
• Obtaining a clear and relevant understanding of company actions, progress, and impact and find opportunities for investment into the sector
GET A FREE DEMO
This Free Demo includes an overview of our proprietary ESG dashboard with industry & company benchmarking data, country performance, technological innovations, market estimates & forecasts. See for yourself!